Arizona Vaccine Financing
There have been significant changes to Federal vaccine budgets and policies for Vaccines for Children vaccine use. ADHS is working diligently to implement the changes but almost every aspect of vaccine distribution or tracking has been impacted. It will take some time to smooth out the kinks and develop new systems. Below you will find resources regarding the changes in vaccine funding and tracking. Please contact us with any questions.
Here are the changes in a nutshell:
- Vaccine for Children vaccine may not be used for privately insured kids in any setting (since Oct 1, 2012). Kids with a high deductible are considered fully insured.
- Under VFC guidelines only community health centers or their delegates can use VFC vaccine for underinsured kids. Blanket deputization agreements that deputize all VFC providers as health center delegates for vaccine delivery are no longer allowed since 12.31.12. Currently only a select few sites are approved by the CDC. To see this state-wide list click here.
- Dose by Dose accountability will require that each VFC vaccine is tracked by lot number to the patient’s eligibility. VFC inventory will have to be reconciled in ASIIS before providers can receive more VFC vaccine.
- VFC vaccine can only be used on Uninsured, Native American and AHCCCS kids.
- For a step by step guide for handling UNDERinsured patients, click here.
Important Vaccine Funding Information and Resources
Vaccine Congress III Presentations
Vaccine Congress III – Navigating Changes in Vaccine Funding