Have you ever wondered where your parenting manual is? Being a parent is no easy task. From day one, your child begins to grow and change and it instantly becomes your job to make the best decisions you can. It starts with your child depending on you for every need…food, clothing, medical care, the list goes on and on. Parenthood then evolves into your children wanting to break away and discover their own independence.
No matter what stage of parenthood you are in, TAPI has developed this page for you. Vaccinating your infant, child or teen is an important decision that you make every step of the way. Below you will find information on ASIIS (Arizona State Immunization Registry), some commonly asked questions regarding immunizations and information about immunizations and how as a parent, you can make the immunization process a little easier for your child and for you.
ASIIS – Arizona State Immunization Information System
“A List of Kids Immunization Records”
What is ASIIS and how can ASIIS help you?
How can parents help?
Questions about vaccinations for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities?
Being a parent of a child that has disabilities can offer additional questions regarding vaccinations. Although you may find answers in our Commonly Asked Questions section, we also wanted to provide additional information from a strong national organization. The Arc not only is a national organization, it has local chapters all over the country, including here in Arizona. Below you will find a link to their national website with information regarding childhood immunizations. If you have any additional questions, you can also visit our Ask the Expert forum and submit your question(s).
Commonly asked questions about childhood vaccines:
• Is it okay for my baby to have so many shots at once?
• Don’t infants have a natural immunity?
• Haven’t we gotten rid of most of these diseases in this country?
• I heard that some vaccines can cause autism. Is this true?
• Can’t I just wait until my child goes to school to catch up on immunizations?
• Why does my child need a chickenpox shot? Isn’t it a mild disease?
• My child is sick right now. Is it okay for her to still get shots?
• Where can I get more information?
The Journey of Your Child’s Vaccine – An Infographic from the CDC